Birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions still need to be celebrated and acknowledged even though we are all in lockdown. The closure of high street retailers means that people are looking online to purchase their greeting cards and giftwrap. Flamingo Paperie is the UK’s leading direct selling paper stationery company. To help you with your selection, here is a list of our Top 10 best selling birthday cards based on February 2020 sales data:
1. In the Number One Slot is our trendy ‘Stars (Happy Birthday)’ design by popular Flamingo Paperie artist Kate Mawdsley (Code : FP6128). Customers regularly tell me at events how difficult it is to buy cards for men and boys. This 6″x 6″ generic birthday card design is a must have staple and is suitable for males of all ages.
2. Another generic 6″x 6″ design. ‘A Big Happy Birthday’ card by artist Lorraine Duff is a great staple for your card draw (Code : FP6145) as its multi-colours make it suitable for all genders and ages.
3. Amazingly there is just one alcohol related card in the Top 10. Artist Michael C L Cheung’s new 5″ x 5″ ‘Cheers!’ design is proving to be extremely popular (Code: FP5105). Its muted blue brown colour combination is very attractive.
4.Our best selling Christmas Sheep appear in a party mood in this fun birthday design called Happy Baaaa-Day by artist Tim Mason (Code : FP6133) . Have you noticed that all of our top 4 designs have stars on them? Interesting!
5.I love this cheeky and very trendy 6″ x 6″ ‘Not As Old’ design by artist Laura Stone (Code: FP6138). It has a lovely delicate shaker feel to it.
There’s a passion for pink
Interestingly the last five designs in our top 10 are all pink ….
6. We find that the Flamingo Paperie floral designs sell particularly well. There are now three whole pages of florals and landscapes in our catalogue for you to choose from. This 6″ x 6″ ‘Happy Birthday (Pink Floral)’ is artist Laura Stone’s second design in the Top 10 (Code: FP6140)
7. One of my favourites! This delicate ‘Rose Cupcake’ design (Code: FP5115) by artist Mikki Butterley reminds me of a Laura Ashley style bedroom wallpaper that I had when I was a child.
9. Interestingly, this is the only card in our Top 10 with a traditional 5″ x 7″ dimension. ‘Happy Birthday Balloons’ is a very pretty design by artist Claudine Rose (Code: FP7042). It has been foiled during the production process to make it even more luxurious.
10. This witty and very cute 5″ x 5″ Llama design called ‘Another Year Older?’ by artist Karen Tye Bentley (Code: FP5112), has not surprisingly trotted into our Best Seller list. The Directors loved this design so much that they used it as our 2020 brochure cover design. Its gold foil accents make it look even more special.
I hope you found my little round up interesting. Just a reminder that, whilst some of our cards have captions on the outside, they are all blank on the inside leaving space for your own personalised messages.
Designed in the UK
100% of all our greeting cards are designed and printed in the UK. This gives our range a quirky “Britishness” that the large American card manufacturers, who supply our high street, are unable to replicate.
Flamingo Paperie and the Environment
We are continuously working to improve our environmental credentials. Best practice is applied to all issues that affect the environment. For instance we work with our suppliers to ensure that our raw materials only come from independently certified and well-managed forests which reject illegal and/or destructive logging. We favour the exclusive use of vegetable-based inks ensuring that all products are printed using low, or no, alcohol printing techniques. This is because it eliminates the Volatile Organic Compound emissions that are harmful to health and contribute to global warming and the destruction of the ozone layer. We also encourage recycling by the consumer by having a ‘recycle’ message on the back of our cards
Need more birthday cards but short of time?
If you’re short of time and would like one of each of these Top 10 designs to restock your card draw then simply email me the words “Top 10 please” with your name and address to SARAH.L.GIFFFORD@GMAIL.COM. I will then process your order and will email you a payment link. Simples!!
Would you like to sell these amazing cards yourself?
The coronavirus lockdown has increased the demand for an online supply of greeting cards. I received a record number of orders through my website last month. As a direct selling greeting card company our success is determined by the number of distributors that we have within our sales network. Are you looking for a new challenge or an additional source of income for yourself? Would you like to do some fundraising for a favourite charity? For more information please visit the Join My Team section of this website.